Day 1 -- South Burlington to Button Bay State Park

June 24, 2019

I don't think we could have asked for a better day to start this great adventure!!  After an hour or so of gear checks, bike checks, eating delicious banana bread, and wrestling to get 3-4 bike racks on cars and fully loaded, we were ready to head north by car and van, or should I say caravan--heehee (now that I"ve made a bad pun, I can cross it off on my bike bingo board).


Below is the group at Farrell Street Park in South Burlington ready to follow the Champlain Bikeway for miles along a bike path, through valleys, along both empty and busy roads.  Today's ride was about 32 miles of many ups and downs, but none too much for this crew!!


Our first ice cream stop was at an artisan ice cream shop where some of us had Malibu Barbie Sorbet -- Watermelon Basil.  Others had Earl Gray, Mango, or Cinnamon Ice Cream.  




Here at Button Bay State Park we've enjoyed a quick swim, delicious burrito bowls and as I type this I am serenaded by two ukuleles and a beautiful chorus.  Can't ask for more!!



Comments

  1. LOL I put a dollar on Shy getting the Mango!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone! Looks like you had an excellent first day. What I really want to know is what the Malibu Barbie sorbet is all about. Emily, was that your choice? Just wondering... I look forward to reading more. Best, Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we're guessing, I'd say Keo had the cinnamon. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment